In order to service the diverse needs of the schools we work with, we rely extensively on a network of professionals to facilitate professional learning across Asia. All facilitators sign a Memorandum of Understanding that acknowledges they understand and will abide by the Code of Conduct as outlined below:
A facilitator for PDacademia will:
- take care of learners under their supervision with the aim of ensuring their safety and welfare insofar as is reasonably practicable;
- respect confidential information relating to learners gained in the course of professional practice, unless the wellbeing of an individual or a legal imperative requires disclosure;
- uphold the reputation and standing of the profession, act with honesty and integrity in all aspects of their work, and avoid direct conflict between their private interests and their professional work;
- respect learners, colleagues and co-professionals and interact with them in a way that respects individual differences and cultural or ethnic diversity;
- appreciate the unique and privileged relationships that exist between trainers and learners and conduct these relationships in a way that is professional, respectful and appropriate;
- provide complete and accurate information and authentic documents with respect to their professional status, qualifications and experience;
- Notify PDacademia, prior to any engagement they are contracted to facilitate, if they:
- are the subject of an investigation in relation to misconduct working with children, young people or vulnerable adults.
- are charged with, convicted of, or cautioned for a criminal offence.
- have a disciplinary finding made against them by any professional or regulatory body or by any employer, in their country of origin or abroad.
- they are informed that they are under investigation by any professional or regulatory body, or that they will be the subject of a disciplinary hearing by any employer, in their country of origin or abroad.
A facilitator for PDacademia will not:
- practice the profession while under the influence of any substance which impairs their ability or medical fitness;
- act in any way that would prejudice or bring into disrepute the reputation of the school or organization they are working with;
- misrepresent their relationship with PDacademia, or any of our partners, to promote or influence private transactions or relationships;
- comment on the services provided by other facilitators, other training providers or schools that they are familiar with; and
- use language, scenarios and examples that may be offensive to learners particularly with respect to race, ethnicity, national origin, colour, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, political believe, religion and mental or physical ability.