Leading in Your Role: Facility Management
Facility Management staff are the back bone of our schools. We often interact with them when there is a problem or when our facilities need to be repurposed or expanded. In many cases, the school staff tasked to coordinate the facilities management team do not have a clear understanding of the work that needs to be done and the facility’s management staff do not understand the impact that their work may have on the learning environment.This two-day facility management training workshop has been designed to improve facility management staffs management and communication skills. Participants will become aware of stakeholder expectations and how to communicate effectively to identify win/win solutions. Case studies and facilitated discussions will develop awareness of the impact facilities management teams have in schools, both positive and negative. Role plays and activities will reinforce essential skills collaboratively problem solve and manage knowledge more effectively.
It is recommended that schools register their administrative staff with responsibilities related to facility management, maintenance staff and representatives from outsourced service providers to attend this Facility Management Training workshop.
Training Workshop Objectives
- Identify and discuss responsibilities that go beyond maintenance and emergency response;
- Understand the liability and benefits of being proactive;
- Communicating proactively and reporting issues / concerns to the appropriate parties;
- Assess and communicate risks;
- Develop a proactive approach to planning and budgets; and
- Implement systems to capture knowledge and communicate progress.
Facility Management Training Workshop Agenda
Facility Management Training Workshops will commence at 8:30am and aim to finish by 4:30pm. There will be two 15-minute breaks each day and a 45-minute lunch break. The workshop modules will be:
Day 1: Traits of Leader
- The Proactive Facility Manager
- Risk Management
- Collaborative Problem Solving
Day 2: Process Management
- Incident Tracking and Reporting
- Planning and Time Management
- Assessing and Mitigating Risk
Facility Management Training Workshop Language
This workshop is available for facilitation in English and Mandarin. All written materials will be in English to support the schools working language environment.
Facility Management Training Workshop Capacity
Limited to 30 participants (Exceptions can be made to include more)