This workshop can be customized to have all school staff engage in productive discussions and role plays to develop their interpersonal communication skills, as well as develop a greater awareness for cross-cultural communication.
- Become conscious of common barriers to communication;
- Enhance Active Listening and Questioning Skills;
- Communicate Assertively;
- Understand the difference between High and Low Context Cultures;
- Adjust communication for Cross-Cultural interactions;
- Confidently facilitate a collaborative strategy for resolving conflict.
Workshops will commence at 8:30am and aim to finish by 4:30pm. There will be two 15-minute breaks each day and a 45-minute lunch break. The workshop modules will be:
Key Communication Skills:
- Non-Verbal Communication
- Active Listening and Asking the Right Questions
- Assertive Communication
Attributes of Cross-Cultural Communication
- Perception and Understanding
- High vs. Low Context Cultures
- Tailoring Your Communication
- Responding to Questions and Objections
- Cultural Attributes Matrix: Power Distance & Collectivism
- Using the Matrix to Identify Strategies for 5 Types of Conflict
- Resolving Conflict: Role Plays
This workshop is available for facilitation in English, Mandarin or Cantonese. All written materials will be in English to support the schools working language environment.
Limited to 30 participants (Exceptions can be made to include more).