“I have learned to develop essential questioning skills to ensure a problem is completely understood.” ~ workshop attendee
“To learn more about how to communicate and see what I can change and improve in myself.” ~ workshop attendee
“Important skills and elements for communication were introduced. Organization and Time management skills.” ~ workshop attendee
International Schools present a challenging work environment for our Non-Academic staff, many which have never attended such a school nor interfaced with such a culturally diverse community. School management, leadership, and their respective teams rely extensively on their support staff to communicate effectively on behalf of the school and be the first point of contact for parents and teachers, especially when important decisions or difficult news needs to be communicated.
This workshop can be customized to have all school staff engage in productive discussions and role plays to develop their interpersonal communication skills, as well as develop a greater awareness for cross-cultural communication.
- Become conscious of common barriers to communication;
- Enhance Active Listening and Questioning Skills;
- Communicate Assertively;
- Understand the difference between High and Low Context Cultures;
- Adjust communication for Cross-Cultural interactions;
- Confidently facilitate a collaborative strategy for resolving conflicts.
Workshops will commence at 8:30 am and aim to finish by 4:30 pm. There will be two 15-minute breaks each day and a 45-minute lunch break. The workshop modules will be:
Key Communication Skills:
- Non-Verbal Communication
- Active Listening and Asking the Right Questions
- Assertive Communication
Attributes of Cross-Cultural Communication
- Perception and Understanding
- High vs. Low Context Cultures
- Tailoring Your Communication
- Responding to Questions and Objections
- Cultural Attributes Matrix: Power Distance & Collectivism
- Using the Matrix to Identify Strategies for 5 Types of Conflict
- Resolving Conflict: Role Plays
This workshop is available for facilitation in English, Mandarin or Cantonese. All written materials will be in English to support the schools working language environment. The workshop’s capacity is limited to 30 participants (Exceptions can be made to include more).