Appraisal and Feedback
Are you equipped with the procedural knowledge and communication skills to effectively evaluate team members, identify performance obstacles and provide the three forms of feedback? Do your department heads, coordinators and other administrators see the performance review process as a burden? The Appraisal and Feedback Process is an opportunity to empower and motivate staff, to identify obstacles in their career path and guide them to exceeding management expectations.
This two-day course provides managers with a proven process that can be adapted to their school’s staff appraisal system. Appraisal is a process, when conducted correctly, will enable managers to empower their non-academic staff to take on more responsibility, while aligning their team with the school’s mission. Participants will learn how to give the three different forms of feedback, on a regular and timely basis, so that employees can grow and develop, and overcome performance appraisal challenges.
All managers and team leaders who contribute to the academic and non-academic staff performance appraisal process.
- Understand your role as an appraiser and coach.
- Identify what is missing in your appraisal process.
- Define metrics for assessing performance.
- Overcome barriers to the appraisal process.
- Understand when to Praise, Coach and Evaluate.
- Learn how to give and receive appropriate feedback.
Appraisal and Feedback Workshop Agenda
Workshops will commence at 8:30am and aim to finish by 4:30pm. There will be two 15-minute breaks each day and a 45-minute lunch break. The workshop modules will be:
Day 1: Morning
- Implicit Leadership Belief
- Four Stage Appraisal Process
Day 1: Afternoon
- Appraisal Barriers
- Performance Focused: SMART Goals
Day 2: Morning
- Key Communication Skills
- Characteristics and Types of Feedback
Day 2: Afternoon
- Role Play Difficult Conversations
- Team Problem Solving
The Appraisal and Feedback workshop is available for facilitation in English and Mandarin. All written materials will be in English to support the schools working language environment.
Limited to 30 participants (Exceptions can be made to include more).