Training for Administrative Staff
School management, leadership and their respective teams rely extensively on their administrative staff to communicate effectively on behalf of the school and be the first point of contact for teachers, parents and suppliers. International Schools present a challenging work environment for our administrative staff, many of which have never attended such a school nor have had to manage several competing priorities.
In this two-day workshop, give your administrative staff the opportunity to be exposed to communication, problem solving, time management and business writing skills to empower them to work independently. More importantly, to become the first line of defense against the innumerable distractions that slow our teams down. During PDAcademia Administrator Training, participants will engage in practical activities and be given tools and templates applicable to their daily jobs with the aim to achieve administrative excellence.
“I really love this workshop! It’s an excellent training! I would love to see more training in cross culture communication.” ~ Administrator Training workshop attendee
- Develop awareness and overcome barriers to being understood.
- Communicate effectively in a multi cultural work environment.
- Use questioning techniques to ensure a mutual understanding.
- Define, communicate, act and resolve problems.
- Identify, communicate and coordinate multiple priorities.
- PDAC Method of writing emails and proof reading.
Administrator Training Workshop Agenda
Workshops will commence at 8:30am and aim to finish by 4:30pm. There will be two 15-minute breaks each day and a 45-minute lunch break. The Administrator Training workshop modules will include:
Key Communication Skills:
- Barriers to Communication
- Active Listening
- Cultural Communication
- Funnelling to get the Right Answers
- STAR Problem Solving
- Delivering Bad News
Solving the Time Problem:
- Reduce Distractions
- Communicate Priorities
- Manage Multiple Priorities
- Write Clearly by Keeping it Short and Simple
- Effective Emailing
- Purpose, Details, Action and Close
Executive and Personal Assistants, Receptionists and other relevant administrative staff working in HR, Finance and Marketing Departments.
This workshop is available for facilitation in English, Mandarin or Cantonese. All written materials will be in English to support the schools working language environment.
The Administrator Training workshop is limited to 30 participants (Exceptions can be made to include more)